The Carlton Kitchen Library is closed to keep our community safe during this difficult time.
Following the return to Stage 3 Restrictions from Wednesday 8 July, Carlton Kitchen Library will be temporarily closed, including our delivery service. We want to do all we can to stop the spread throughout our communities.
All current loans have been extended to cover the lockdown period.
We will be ready to resume our delivery service when restrictions allow.
- $40/year for an adult
- $20/year for a concession
- $50/year for businesses
One-off event borrowing:
- $20. Please get in contact if you have an upcoming event so we can confirm stock availability!
Become a member online:
1. Click ‘Create Account’ on our MyTurn page.
2. Pay your membership fee.
3. Read and sign off on our Membership Agreement and Waiver of Liability.
4. Start borrowing!
All money goes straight back into maintaining the library, purchasing kitchen equipment and towards community workshops.
Get in contact if you are a business wanting to join.
Borrowing and Returning
To borrow: Always bring in a photo ID to the library when borrowing.
You can borrow 5 items at a time for two weeks, and renew your items one time (so you can have an item for a maximum of four weeks).
We ask that all items are returned clean.
Reserve an item
If you are hoping to borrow plates, bowls, cutlery or cups for an event - it is best to contact us a few weeks prior!
To reserve an item online:
- Click "Reserve" on the items you are reserving, select the time frame you need the items for, then click "Cart" to finalise the request.
- Check this MyTurn cart instructional video on how to navigate this (thanks to TOOLO in the Blue Mountains for sharing).
- Your reservation is only complete when you have received a confirmation email an email from MyTurn.
You are also welcome to email us with your reservation requests.
Give your unwanted items a new life
The library has filled up thanks to your generous donations! Please get in contact with us before you come past with your donations, letting us know what you are happy to pass on.
These are the items we are still accepting (plus anything unusual or rare): https://tinyurl.com/vmzre8u
Get in contact with Peta at email@example.com if you have some thing/s to donate!
Can you help out at the library?
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org