Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Membership Agreement & Equipment Use Policy
Please let us know if you would like this document translated or enlarged.
1.1. You must be age 18 or over to borrow equipment from Carlton Kitchen Library (CKL).
1.2. Prior to borrowing kitchen equipment, you must
a) Complete a Membership Application;
b) Sign the Liability Waiver;
c) Sign this Membership Agreement & Equipment Use Policy; and
d) Have your residence confirmed by a CKL staff member or volunteer. This can be done upon first visit, first delivery or via email.
e) Have your identity verified by a CKL staff member or volunteer. Valid forms of identity include a valid government-issued photo ID and a second form of identification that includes a current address. This can be done upon first visit, first delivery or via email.
2. VOLUNTEER LIBRARY DUTY - ON PAUSE WHILE LIBRARY IS CLOSED
2.1. We ask that all Members complete 2 Volunteer Library Duty sessions per year, or pay the $70 duty levy in lieu of volunteering.
2.2. Volunteer Library Duty sessions are 2 hours at the Carlton Kitchen Library and involve helping to clean and sort returned items.
2.3. You can nominate days for your duty sessions via our online sign up web page.
2.4. If volunteering at the Library won’t work for you, there are other volunteer duty opportunities, for example helping at events or community meals, volunteering your professional expertise or skills e.g. marketing advice, social media support, tag and testing, graphic design, grant writing, etc.
3. BORROWING AND RETURNING KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
3.1. Each Member may borrow up to 4 items for 2 weeks.
3.2. Kitchen Equipment can only be renewed once, meaning the total borrow period is a maximum of 4 weeks.
3.3. It is your responsibility to return the items you have borrowed thoroughly cleaned and ready for the next person.
3.4. Please ensure that all equipment is used “gently” to avoid scratches or general damage.
3.5. “Day-of return” renewals may be possible; however, Borrowers must be prepared to return all items by the return date. Carlton Kitchen Library may refuse or limit renewals, based on demand.
3.6. Carlton Kitchen Library will be open for Members to borrow and return Kitchen Equipment at the times listed on the website https://carltonkitchenlibrary.myturn.com. These opening hours are subject to change.
3.7. Kitchen Equipment may only be returned during the Carlton Kitchen Library’s opening hours.
3.8. All online reservations must be confirmed by a CKL staff member or volunteer.
4. SAFE USE OF KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
4.1. CKL staff and volunteers are available to assist in explaining how each item is to be safely used. However, by borrowing an item, the Member is certifying that they are capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
4.2. Only the Member is authorised to use the borrowed Kitchen Equipment. The Member must not allow Kitchen Equipment to be used by any other person unless with written permission from the CKL.
4.3. The Member agrees that if any borrowed Kitchen Equipment becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, they must immediately discontinue use of the Kitchen Equipment and notify the Carlton Kitchen Library of the issue on return, if not earlier.
4.4. If you are unsure about how to use an item, please seek advice from Carlton Kitchen Library prior to use.
4.5. Appliance guides will be located at the Carlton Kitchen Library and made available online, where possible. Please take a copy if you are unsure of how to use the item.
4.6. For electrical safety information visit: https://esv.vic.gov.au/safety-education/electrical-safety-at-home/using-electricity-safely/.
5. OVERDUE ITEMS
5.1. The Carlton Kitchen Library is a shared resource for the whole community. We ask that you respectfully return items on time, so all may have a chance to borrow them. If an item is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. This late fee will be $1 per day for every day the Library is open until the item is returned.
6. MISSING PIECES
6.1. Please ensure Kitchen Equipment is returned with all pieces included. Please let CKL staff or volunteers know if any pieces are missing.
7. BROKEN KITCHEN EQUIPMENT
7.1. If Kitchen Equipment is broken or not working properly please tell us so we can fix or retire it.
7.2. The Member agrees that Carlton Kitchen Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed Kitchen Equipment.
Waiver of Liability, Disclaimer and Indemnification
1. As a member of Carlton Kitchen Library, in consideration of being permitted to borrow kitchen equipment, I acknowledge that I have read, understood and had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this Waiver of Liability, Disclaimer and Indemnification and agree to these as a condition for borrowing kitchen equipment.
2. I state that I, the Member and Borrower, am capable and experienced in using the kitchen equipment I am borrowing from Carlton Kitchen Library, and that it is my sole responsibility to use the kitchen equipment I am borrowing in a proper manner.
3. I acknowledge and agree that use of kitchen equipment borrowed by me may be dangerous and could result in accidents happening and my use of any kitchen equipment is at my own risk. I do agree, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow kitchen equipment, waive any and all claims against Cultivating Community and Carlton Kitchen Library, its officers, agents, and employees for any injury or injuries of any nature that I may suffer or incur in the use of the kitchen equipment that I am borrowing from Carlton Kitchen Library.
4. I agree for myself, on behalf of my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow kitchen equipment, agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless against Cultivating Community and Carlton Kitchen Library, its officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use of kitchen equipment I am borrowing from the Carlton Kitchen Library. I am aware that Cultivating Community, Carlton Kitchen Library, its partners, directors, officers, members, and employees claim no expertise and make no representation concerning the fitness of any kitchen equipment for any particular use.
5. I affirm that the above information is current, true and correct; that I have read and fully understand the Membership Agreement & Equipment Use Policy of Carlton Kitchen Library; and I understand that failure to comply with any of this agreement may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and understand the Liability Waiver, relinquishing any and all claims against Cultivating Community, Carlton Kitchen Library, its officers, agents, and employees.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?